I now know why Santa checks his list twice. I’ve had to check mine at least ten times to remember what I’ve bought for who!
But I wanted to share my other list with you this year. My list of things I love about Christmas:
1. The reminder of all the blessings I’ve been given in my life, especially the blessing of my faith. Life would be unbearable without it.
2. Christmas music — there are so many lovely carols and songs. They always brighten my mood.
3. Christmas lights — those are my favorite decorations. I love lights — the colors, the twinkling, the way they brighten the dark winter nights.
4. Toy stores — I love the kind of store that sells a million cool things that you never, ever see on television. Unfortunately, those unique stores are few and far between these days.
5. Christmas cookies — I’m a regular cookie monster. 😉 But simple, cut-out sugar cookies are my fave after chocolate chip.
6. Good will — I like how this season reminds us all to think of others and to actually DO something for them. Only wish we could all think like this year round.
7. The smells of Christmas, including cinnamon, pine trees, and gingerbread. Oh, and don’t forget baking ham! Yum!
8. Christmas movies and specials. My favorites include: A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott; Scrooge with Albert Finney; A Christmas Story; A Charlie Brown Christmas; and You’ve Got Mail.
9. Fudge… it’s one of the few times a year that we make homemade fudge. Which is probably a good thing. 😉
& 10. My favorite thing about Christmas… the looks on the faces of my children when they see the tree Christmas morning and while they open their presents. I revel in the pure joy I see in their smiles… in their eyes.
I hope each of you finds something to rejoice in this holiday season. Be happy, be loving, be blessed.