1. A warm cat on an aching body is better than a heating pad. Unless her claws are extended.
2. Cats are very intelligent creatures. When they want to be.
“A cat is more intelligent than people believe, and can be taught any crime.”
-Mark Twain Notebook, 1895
3. Cats can be very entertaining. Offer him a ball of foil or a string and you have a great show in the making.
4. Cats love to pose for photographs and they usually make very good subjects. Unless you use a flash.
5. A cat’s face is most expressive. Particularly when they’re annoyed.
“Beware of people who dislike cats.”
– Irish Proverb
6. Cats always seem to know when their human needs to cuddle.
7. A cat can find the greatest pleasure in a sunbeam.
8. Cats are very clean. Of course this can be rather disconcerting when they immediately bathe the exact spot you just petted. Are they trying to tell you something?
9. Cats are normally very agile and graceful. And when they make a misstep, they seem so human and embarrassed. It rather pacifies us mortals.
10. Cats are wonderful pest-catchers. Now if only they could hold on to the little vermin…
11. A cat’s purr is the most soothing music.
12. Cats come in so many colors, patterns and textures…there’s sure to be one type to please the pickiest pet owner.
13. My fondest memories are of the many cats we’ve served over the years. Each had its own unique personality and quirks, and will never be forgotten.
“No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.”
– Leo Dworken