Here’s another list courtesy of my friend and colleague, Laura Hamby. The things I’ve done are in bold…some with further explanations attached. 😉
1. Used real snow to make/eat a snow cone — Yes, with Kool-aid
2. Slept in you car while parked at the side of the road
3. Didn’t go to bed until 4 in the morning on New Year’s Day
4. Dyed an Easter egg, using all the colors available
5. Catch a scent on the air that reminded you of something from your childhood
6. Taken a picture of the sky because it was a remarkable shade of blue that day
7. Caught a fish and cleaned it yourself, then cooked it for dinner
8. Wished you bought two pairs of your favorite shoes — Orange sandals with sparkly, sequined flowers…I love them and they’re wearing out. 😦
9. Made a list like this
10. Taken art lessons — In college — loved it!
11. Taken ballet lessons — As a child — hated it! LOL!
12. Driven a really scary stretch of road
13. Read a book from cover to cover in one sitting — More than once. 😉
14. Written a letter to your Congressman
15. Changed political parties
16. Made a boat yourself, and sailed in it
17. Worn mismatched shoes by accident
18. Been so happy you wanted to burst into song — And did so! Many times. 😉
19. Watched Barney, as an adult, without becoming annoyed — When the show first began and I watched with youngest two children. Not sure I could do it now.
20. Thought you could walk to Sesame Street — As a child, I so wanted to go to Sesame Street!
21. Invented something
22. Came up with a new recipe — really just a variation of another recipe.
23. Snorkeled or dived a coral reef
24. Been in a shark cage
25. Been told that a character in a Nora Roberts book reminded a friend of you
26. Howled in the car with your kids — Yes, but only during a full moon, naturally.
27. Loved someone so much your heart hurt
28. Painted a house
29. Painted a picture in the style of a famous painter
30. Seen the Mona Lisa
31. Seen the Hope Diamond
32. Been the president of the PTA
33. Sat on Santa’s lap…as an adult — Actually, I was 17 — it that adult enough? 🙂
34. Lost your spouse
35. Driven a race car
36. Eaten fried okra
37. Climbed Mt. Everest
38. Seen Mt. Rushmore
39. Saved a baby bird that had fallen from its nest
40. Tried a food you always thought was gross and discovered you loved it — Yep, Guacamole.
41. Been to Hawaii
42. Been to Africa
42. Had an “old-time” picture taken with your family, your friends or alone — At Pigeon Forge, Tenn., now Dollywood. LOL! My mom still has the tin-type.
43. Made good friends via the Internet — Oh, yes! Most my good friends are IM buddies. 🙂
44. Met a movie star
45. Seen the Queen of England in person
46. Indulged in a tinsel fight while decorating the Christmas tree
47. Attended a family reunion
48. Couldn’t turn out the lights for the night after reading a Stephen King novel — The Stand…the summer after I graduated high school.
49. Gone on a cruise
50. Can you remember where you where the day the Challenger exploded? — Vividly… English Lit., during college. Saw it replay in the student lounge.